What is the boiling time for cauliflower?
Fresh cauliflower should be cut into florets and boiled for 10-15 minutes till it done. Before frying, cauliflower should be boiled for 7 minutes.
Cauliflower is cooked for 30 minutes in a steamer. Cauliflower is cooked for 15 minutes in a multicooker.
Frozen cauliflower is cooked for 15-17 minutes unfrozen.
How to cook cauliflower
1. Remove leaves from cauliflower, cut out dark spots on the florets and wash.
2. Cut the cabbage along a stalk.
3. Cut cauliflower into florets.
4. Pour water in a pot and put it on heat. Pot with water for boiling cauliflower.
5. Add salt.
6. Put cauliflower in boiled water.
7. Pour vinegar in water so that cauliflower does not get dark during boiling.
8. Boil cauliflower at medium heat in medium rolling water.
9. Put cauliflower in a colander to let water drain.
Your cauliflower is cooked!
How to cook cauliflower in a microwave
1. Rinse cauliflower thoroughly, cut into florets and put them in a bowl suitable for cooking in a microwave.
2. Add a small quantity of water; put the bowl covered with a lid in a microwave.
3. Cook at power of 800 Watt for 5 minutes.
4. Add salt, cook for another 4 minutes.
How to cook steamed cauliflower in a multicooker
1. Rinse cauliflower thoroughly, cut into small florets and put in a multicooker tray.
2. Pour water in a tank so that cauliflower was half covered, and put a lid on the top.
3. Cook for 30 minutes in Steaming mode.
How to cook steamed cauliflower
1. You should prepare a bowl first of all. You will need a steamer or a simple construction consisting of a pot and metal sieve.
2. Rinse cauliflower thoroughly, cut into small florets and put in a sieve and put a lid on it.
3. Put the pot on heat, bring water to a boil.
4. Boil cauliflower until done, check that you may with a knife.
5. Add some salt before eating.
How to cook cauliflower before frying
1. Wash cauliflower stalk, remove leaves.
2. Cut the cauliflower into florets.
3. Pour water in a pot - water should fully cover the cauliflower florets - and put the pot on heat.
4. Bring water to a boil, add some salt.
5. Put cauliflower in the pot.
6. Parcook it for at least five minutes on low heat.
7. Remove from heat, and rinse under cold running water using a colander.
8. Cauliflower is prepared for further frying.
How to make cauliflower white?
You can make cauliflower snow-white in color.
For this boil it in an uncovered pot with addition of:
- either milk (300 ml for 2 l of water);
- or 1 tea spoon of lemon juice;
- or several crystal of citric acid;
- or vinegar essence.
In what water cauliflower should be boiled?
Cauliflower should be boiled in a small quantity of water in an enamel pot covered with a lid.
After boiling cooked cauliflower should be taken off the pot.
Health benefits and nutritional value of cauliflower
Cauliflower contains more protein and Ascorbic acid than white cabbage.
Only 50 grams of cauliflower is enough to provide a human body with vitamin C.
Cauliflower is effective in treating gastrointestinal diseases (heaviness in the stomach, gastritis, gastric ulcer), endocrine, respiratory, and urinary tracts diseases.
Cauliflower is very healthy for children.
Shelf life of fresh cauliflower is no more than 10 days. Shelf life of frozen cauliflower is no more than 2 months.
Calorific value of cauliflower
Cauliflower is low-calorie food. 100 grams of cauliflower contain 21 kilocalories. How to choose cauliflower. Stalk should have homogeneous whitish color, not flabby, with fresh leaves. If you buy frozen cauliflower, choose one in a transparent bag - there shouldn't be snow there, cauliflower should hive light color with medium-sized florets.
When you buy fresh cauliflower, please bear in mind that you choose a great benefit, but weight of the processed product will be low due to leaves and stalk. But if you buy frozen cauliflower, you get less benefit, but easier cooking.
What do you need to pickle cauliflower?
Cauliflower - 2 kilograms
A liter of water
Vinegar 9% - half a tablespoon
Salt - 2 tablespoons
Sugar - 2 tablespoons
Cloves - 5 pieces
Dill and parsley - 5 branches
How to pickle cauliflower
1. Cut cauliflower into florets.
2. Put florets in salted boiling water, and boil for 10 minutes.
3. Put cauliflower in a colander and cool with cold water.
4. Stuff cauliflower in sterilized jars in turns with dill and parsley.
5. Pour with warm marinade (mix water, salt, sugar, cloves. bring to a boil, turn off heat and add vinegar).
6. Sterilize jars with cauliflower for 10 minutes.
It is better to boil cauliflower in an enamel dish.