Let's paint eggs the right way.
You will need 20-30 minutes to paint Easter eggs.
Let's paint eggs - it is so easy!
The traditional way is to paint eggs during the Holy Week, on Holy Thursday in particular, in 2017 it will be on the 13th of April. People not only eat Easter eggs, but present them with the words "Christ is Risen!", to what people reply: "Truly, He is Risen," - you should consider it when counting how many Easter eggs you need. Usually you need to paint at least ten eggs.
White eggs - 10 eggs
Salt - 1 tablespoon
Vegetable oil - 1 teaspoon
Water - 1.5 liters
Onionskins - 3 handfuls
How to paint eggs with onionskins
1. Prepare onionskins, for this you will need to peel dry skins from around 15 onions (you can also buy skins in supermarkets beforehand, you won't be able to find it closer to Easter).
2. Wash eggs thoroughly under running water. There should be no cracks, into which paint can pass through, leaving not so delicious looking stains.
3. Put 25 grams of onionskins into the pan (3 handfuls) and pour 1.5 liters of cold water. Onionskins can paint pan's enamel, so better use old dishes.
4. Put the pan with onionskins on stove, bring it to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes under lid.
5. Cool this broth, which by the end of boiling is crimson-brown.
6. Strain the broth though sieve. To paint eggs evenly, there should be no pieces of onionskins in the broth. You can skip this stage, but eggs will have stains on them.
7. Add 1 tablespoon of salt into the broth and put the eggs that should be completely covered with the liquid. It is better to put eggs in one layer so they will not move and to paint in few batches.
8. Bring it to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
9. When boiling is over, you can take the eggs out or leave them like this until they cool down to get saturated colour. You can use the broth again if you need to paint more eggs.
10. Spread the cooled eggs on a paper towel, let them drain.
Now you have eggs in rich orange color. To get eggs of the brighter color boil them for 5-7 minutes. To get eggs of rich color leave them in the onion broth for 2 hours. To get eggs of bardic color use skins of red onion.
Quail and chicken eggs boiled in onionskins.
The colour of Easter eggs - from bright orange to bardic, total time for cooking - 1-2 hours.
You can paint in onionskins not only chicken, but quail eggs. You can use onionskins in a more special way: Put them on eggs, fixing with cotton threads, and then boil. The eggs will be coloured and have unique drawings on them.
How to decorate a painted egg: pour into your palms and rub 1 tea spoon of vegetable oil. Take every egg and roll it in your hands. After this, the eggs will shine and they will be bright.
How to paint eggs with dye
1. Boil eggs, cool them a little bit (not completely to avoid temperature falls and cracking of the eggs in hot water).
2. Pour into the cups 100 milliliters of hot (80-85 degrees) water - it is enough, for example, to put eggs into Ikea cup.
3. Pour and mix dyes in cups. To get new colors add into a cup different dyes.
4. Pour 1 tablespoon of 9% vinegar, mix and put an egg in each cup.
5. Wait 3-5 minutes, then lay eggs on a plate, rub each with a clean napkin, cool and put into fridge.
6. Put the next batch of eggs into the cups.
How to paint eggs with beet
1. Wash, peel and grate on large hole 2 big beets. For richer colour the number of beets can be increased.
2. Eggs (10 pcs.) should be thoroughly washed and checked for cracks.
3. Pour 1.5 liters of water into a pan, add beets, bring it to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes. To ensure the longevity of the paint, you can add a tablespoon of 9% vinegar or lemon juice.
4. Cool beet broth.
5. Add a tablespoon of salt into cold beet broth and lay eggs; they should be completely covered with the liquid.
6. Bring the pan to the boil and boil the eggs in the beet broth for 10 minutes.
7. Leave the eggs to cool down in the broth for 2 hours. To get the richest colour possible, leave the eggs in the broth for a day.
Dry the eggs with a paper towel and smear each with vegetable oil for shining effect.
The colour of Easter eggs after beet is bardic, the total time of cooking is 3-10 hours.
How to cover eggs with tea
1. Pour into a bowl 2 tablespoons of green mate tea, pour 1 liter of rolling boil and leave for half an hour.
2. When the tea has been brewing for some time and becomes green, pour it into a pan, lay eggs and boil them in brewing.
3. Leave chicken eggs in brewing for another hour.
The colour of Easter eggs boiled in green mate tea is pale green; the total time of cooking is 2 hours.
How to paint eggs with turmeric
1. Pour 1 liter of water into a pan, bring it to the boil, add 2 tablespoons of turmeric and boil it for 2 minutes.
2. Cool the broth to avoid cracking of the eggs; lay the eggs and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Leave the boiled eggs in the broth for 1 hour.
The colour of the eggs after turmeric is pale yellow, the total time of cooking is 2 hours.
How to cook eggs with coffee
1. Pour 10 tablespoon of natural ground coffee into a pan and pour with 1 liter of cold water.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and washed eggs into the pan, bring it to the boil and boil for 10 minutes.
3. Leave the eggs in the coffee dye for 2 hours to paint eggs in brown.
The colour of Easter eggs after coffee is brown, total time of cooking - 3.5-4 hours.
How to paint eggs with birch leaves
1. Put 1 cup of birch leaves and a bunch of young birch leaves with flower into a pan, pour cold water and bring it to the boil.
2. Leave the birch broth to stew for half an hour.
3. Add a tablespoon of salt into the cooled birch broth, lay the eggs, and simmer it for 10 minutes.
4. Leave the eggs in the broth for 12 hours and they will acquire a beautiful golden colour.
The colour of Easter eggs is golden, the time for cooking - 12 hours.
How to paint eggs with birch leaves
How to paint eggs with brilliant green and onionskins "like marble"
Prepare: eggs, onionskins, brilliant green, wide bandage.
1. Cut 10 strings and 10 pieces 20 centimeters in length.
2. Cut onionskins with scissors into little pieces and put them into a bowl.
3. Moisten eggs in the water, put them into the bowl with onionskins pieces, turn them few times so the skins won't stick to eggs.
4. Stretch the piece of a bandage, put the egg with skins into it and tie the ends of the bandage. Repeat the action with all 10 eggs.
5. Pour 1.5 liters of water; add 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of brilliant green.
6. Put eggs into the pan, bring it to the boil, and simmer for 12 minutes.
7. Get eggs out, take off the boiling envelope and rinse them in cold water.
How to make eggs with unique patterns
1. Moisten eggs in water and roll in rice. Put every egg into a piece of bandage then tie it. Then boil in any of the following paint broths: in onionskins, beet broth or brilliant green.
2. Similarly, instead of rice use buckwheat, greens, leaves, millet.
3. Cover eggs with cotton threads, preferable thick and boil in of the broths. The eggshell will not be painted as much as the rest so the eggs will have interesting drawings on them.
Eggs in rice.
4. Put eggs in a pan, pour with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Cool under running cold water and dry with a paper towel. Paint eggs with a sponge, soaked in beet, red or yellow bell pepper juice.
5. Young birch leaves easily stick to eggs. If you paint such eggs in colour broth, they will have a leaf print.
6. You can use different production wraps and stickers, but you can also use your imagination and paint the eggs with food paints, varnish and gouache.
7. There are different wraps and stickers for eggs - you can find them in all grocery shops before Easter. They look nice, but this approach lacks personal participation in the process of painting. Besides, eggs with thermal stickers cannot be stored for a long time and in few days their shelf life will end.
8. Easter eggs can be painted with watercolor, they are harmless.