How long to cook millet?
Put millet grains into boiling water and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
Delicious facts about millet
1. As the millet cooks, it will increase in volume 5-6 times.
2. Millet should be boiled over low heat.
3. It is better to use for cooking millet which is washed in warm water, and after cooking it is better to rinse it with hot water.
4. If you cook millet gruel, first soak millet into boiling water, and then when the wheat will be half-cooked (in 15 minutes) pour the milk in a pan and simmer the wheat in milk until it gets tender (10-15 minutes).
5. Millet should be boiled in a non-enameled pan.
Millet porridge recipe
Milk - 4 cups, wheat - 1 cup, sugar or honey - 1 tablespoon, salt - a quarter of a teaspoon, butter.
Rinse millet. Boil milk over low heat. Stir millet constantly, cook over very low heat for 30 minutes. Put the sugar, stir, add butter and let it be stewed for 15-20 minutes.