How to cook pearled barley
How to cook pearl barley
1. Rinse pearled barley and pour some cold water.
2. Leave it for 2-3 hours for swelling.
3. Drain off the water, put pearled barley in a pot.
4. Pour boiled water into pearled barley in proportion of 1:3, take 3 cups of boiling water for 1 cup of pearled barley.
5. Put the pot over heat and boil pearled barley for about 50 minutes at low heat.
You can add some butter or sunflower oil to make pearled barley soft.
How to cook pearled barley quickly
1. Pour 1 cup of pearled barley with 5 cups of cold water.
2. Put the pot with pearled barley over heat, cook it at low heat for 45 minutes after the water starts boiling.
3. Drain off the water, put a slice of butter (2x2 cm cube for one cup of pearled barley), stir in and let it stay for 10 minutes under a lid.
How to cook pearled barley in a bag
1. Put a bag with pearled barley into a pot (or a multicooker bowl) and pour some cold water so that there is 1 centimeter of water over the bag.
2. Put 1 heaped teaspoon of salt into the pot.
3. Put the pot over heat and boil pearled barley in a bag for 45 minutes at low heat under a lid; in a multicooker, cook pearled barley in a bag at "Buckwheat" mode for 50 minutes.
Grit in bags do not need soaking as it is already processed, and you may use cooked grit for your soups, side dishes and other dishes with boiled pearled barley.
How to cook pearled barley in a multicooker
1. To cook pearled barley in a multicooker, rinse it with water until it is clear, then soak it in cold water for 2-3 hours.
2. Drain off the water, put pearled barley greased with butter into a multicooker.
3. Pour three times as much water as pearled barley: for example, take 3 multicups of water or milk for every multicup of pearled barley.
4. Set the multicooker to the "Buckwheat" mode, cover with a lid and cook from 50 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes depending on the kind of pearled barley; it is recommended to taste grits to test for readiness after 50 minutes of boiling.
It is important to make sure that pearled barley doesn't boil over; to prevent this, do not put into a multicooker too much pearled barley and water (1 cup of grit and 3 cups of water for a standard multicooker bowl).
5. Set the multicooker to the "Heating" mode for 10 minutes to make pearled barley more favoury; you may also add a cube of butter at this step.
Cooking time after pre-soaking is 1 hour, without soaking - 1.5 - 2 hours.
How to cook tasty pearled barley in a steamer
1. Rinse grits in running water, pour water at a ratio of 1:2 and put in a refrigerator for 6-12 hours for swelling.
2. Then put pearled barley into a colander and rinse in cold running water.
3. Put pearled barley into a steamer container for cooking grits, pour some boiling water (2.5 cups of water for every cup of pearled barley), and cook for half an hour.
4. Stir the grits gently and cook for more 30 minutes.
Pearled barley is ready when grains at the bottom of the container are soft. If pearled barley is undercooked, steam it for another 30 or 40 minutes depending on the size and the kind of grit. For this purpose, drain the water that had appeared in the steamer tray and pour new water into the tank up to the maximum mark.
Barley pilaf recipe
500 grams bacon, 1 onion head, 1 carrot, 250 grams of butter (butter) and spices to taste, half a kilo of barley, a tablespoon of tomato paste.
Barley Pilaf Recipe:
Fry pork with vegetables in any dish with thick walls (this can be a saucepan or cauldron). Add tomato paste and spices to the pork, stir.
Barley should be soaked for 2-3 hours, then pour boiling water (for 2 parts of grains put three parts of water) and cook for 10-15 minutes over low heat. Then spread cereal into resulting the pork soup broth and wait until the broth evaporates to the level of grains. After that close the pilaf tightly with a cover and put it for 45-50 minutes in preheated oven (200-220 ° C).
Your barley pilaf is ready!