How long does it take to boil rabbit meat?
Boil whole rabbit for 1,5-2 hours. Rabbit cuts are to be boiled for about 35-40 minutes.
How to cook rabbit
How to prepare rabbit for cooking
1. Rinse a rabbit carcass in cold water, dry and trim all tendons, fat and film.
2. Cut the rabbit meat into pieces a la carte (it is better to cook the front part of carcass as it has more rough structure).
3. If you cook rabbit meat for babies, soak the meat in cool water for 2-3 hours before cooking to make meat free from excess rigidity and bad smell.
4. If you cook for adults, pickle pan-ready rabbit for 1,5-2 hours before cooking, so rabbit meat becomes soft.
How to cook rabbit meat in a pot
1. Put pan-ready rabbit meat into a pot with hot water (so that it covers the meat completely) and bring to a boil.
2. Add sliced carrot, finely chopped onion in the broth and simmer at medium, heat for 35 minutes (covered with a lid) (Puncture meat with a knife to check if it is cooked, soft meat means that it is ready).
How to cook rabbit meat in a multicooker
1. Chop thoroughly washed and skinned rabbit meat into pieces.
2. Put the rabbit meat in a multicooker, add chopped carrots and onion for taste, pour one glass of water and cook for 2 hours in "Stew" mode.
- Rabbit should be cooked at medium heat under a lid.
- Cooking time depends on the age of the animal.
- Old rabbit should be cooked for 2,5 hours.
- Rabbit meat is dietetic food and is especially good for the babies.
- It contains a large amount of protein.
- Calorific value of rabbit meat is 100-130 kcal/100 grams.
- The average price for rabbit meat in Moscow is from 650 rub/kilogram (on May, 2016).
- Keep cold cooked rabbit meat in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Rabbit in sour cream recipe
Rabbit meat - 0.5 kg. (fillet, legs, etc.)
Sour Cream - 200 grams, at least 25 %.
Onion - 1 onion
Flour - 1.5 tbsp
Carrots - 1 pc.
Herbs, garlic and spices - to taste.
Cooking the rabbit in sour cream
Cut rabbit into small pieces, rub seasoning and salt, leave it for 10 minutes. While the rabbit is marinating, put the flour in the heated pan with butter , stir it until smooth, add sour cream. Put carefully the rabbit into this sauce, add onion rings and grated carrot on top. Simmer for 30 minutes.