Boiled eggs recipe
Eggs are to be boiled for 3 to 15 minutes, depending on the desired degree of cooking: soft-boiled, medium-boiled or hard-boiled.
Soft-boiled eggs are to be cooked for 5 minutes, medium-boiled – for 5 to 10 minutes. To hard boil an egg you need to cook it for 10 minutes.
How to boil chicken eggs
1. Put the eggs into a pan of cold water and bring them to the boil, otherwise when you place it into the pan of boiling water, it will most likely crack from the pressure.
2. The eggs need to be completely covered with water to ensure proper cooking.
3. If peeling of chicken eggs is hard, it means that the eggs are fresh. Add a few pinches of salt to the boiling water before submerging the egg and put them into cold water for 3-4 minutes after boiling. This will make peeling the fresh chicken egg a breeze!
4. It is known that the longer the boiling time for chicken eggs, the harder it will be to digest them afterwards. The eggs that were boiled for more than 20 minutes are dangerous for health.
5. The color of the egg shell does not affect its taste.
6. Chicken eggs should be boiled over medium heat.
Calories in chicken eggs (per 100 grams):
hard boiled egg -165 calories
soft boiled egg – 159 calories
fresh egg – 65 calories
8. Average chicken egg weight (grams): a chicken egg usually weighs 40-50 grams. Big chicken eggs weighs 60 grams.
9. Eggs that float at the surface are bad and should not be consumed.
10. Fried eggs should be cooked for 5-10 minutes.
- If boiled eggs are difficult to peel, then you may be sure they are fresh. For easier peeling, put some salt into water when cooking and put the pot with boiled eggs under cold running water for 3-4 minutes right after finishing. Then peel them at once: knock on the hard surface for eggshell to crack it, after that peel the eggshell away with fingers. For easy peeling cook the eggs that have been packed for at least 5 days.
- To get steady cooked eggs, roll raw chicken eggs on the surface of the table or gently shake them a couple of times before cooking.
- For no cracking in the process of cooking, cook the eggs in a sieve over the pot - when cooked this way, eggs get steamed and do not tap each other or the pot. In addition, steaming causes no thermal discontinuity. Eggs should be boiled at medium heat with no lid, when the water slightly bubbles.
- There is an opinion that eggs should not be overcooked: the longer you boil eggs, the worse your organism ingests them; moreover, eating eggs boiled for over 20 minutes is unhealthy.
- Eggshell colour makes no difference for the taste of eggs.
- A perfect pot for boiling eggs is one of a small radius - less water is required for the eggs to be fully covered with it. In this case it starts boiling qiucker and therefore the eggs get cooked qiucker. In addition, eggs do not tap as violently in a small pot as they do in a large one.
- If there is no time for cooling boiled eggs in cold running water, you can rinse them in cold water, then each egg should be peeled under cold flush, otherwise you may burn your fingers.
Chicken eggs storage-life - about a month, storage outside the fridge is possible.
Boiled eggs may be stored in a fridge for 15-30 days as a maximum, but it is recommended to eat them fresh or within 3 days.
When an egg floats to the surface in the process of cooking, it means it is rotten and uneatable.
When you want to check how hard the egg is cooked, twiddle it on the table. The egg that twiddles easily and quickly is ready. Eggs for salad should be done, fully cooked, hard cooked.
Eggs and cooking gadgets
How to boil eggs in a microwave
Put eggs into a cup, fill the cup with water, add a teaspoon of salt, put the cup into a microwave for 10 minutes at about 60% output (approximately 500 W).
How to boil eggs in a multicooker
Soft-boiled eggs should be boiled for 5 minutes, medium-boiled eggs - 5 minutes, hard-boiled eggs - 12 minutes.
How to boil eggs in a steamer
To make chicken eggs hard-boiled in a steamer, one should cook them for 18 minutes.
How to boil eggs in an egg boiler
Cook eggs in an egg boiler for 7 minutes until they are completely cooked.
How to boil eggs in a pressure cooker
Boil eggs in a pressure cooker for 5 minutes.
How to boil eggs without eggshell
Break eggs with a knife, pour the eggshell content into a plastic container for eggs, close it and put into boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes.
How to boil eggs in a convection oven
To boil eggs hard, put them to the middle level and boil at 205 degrees for 10 minutes, turn them through 180 degrees after the first 5 minutes.
How to make eggs completely cooked
When one egg is peeled and turns out to be undercooked: put the eggs back into the pot, fill the pot with cold water and finish cooking after the start of boiling for the missing amount of time (for 3-4 minutes). Then put them into cold water, cool and peel.
Cholesterol – 213 mg/ recommended daily amount of cholesterol is 300 mg
Phospholipids - substance that reduces cholesterol levels
Fat – in the yolk 5 grams, out of which 1.5 grams are harmful.
Amino acids – 10-13 grams 13 vitamins – A, В1, В2, В6, В12, Е, D, biotin, folic acid and nicotinic acid, variety of minerals (especially calcium and iron).
The shelf life of chicken eggs is about a month.
Boiled eggs are not stored for more than 15-30 days if stored in the refrigerator, but it"s recommended to eat them fresh or up to 3 days.