How long it takes to boil hard-boiled eggs
How to boil hard-boiled eggs
Eggs - 5 eggs
Water - 1 liter
Salt - 1 tablespoon
Boiling eggs in a pan on oven
1. Put 5 eggs in a pan and pour 1 liter of cold water (the eggs should be completely covered with water), pour 1 tablespoon of salt. If the pan is not so big, you can use 1-2 cups of water.
2. Put the pan with the eggs on average fire and bring water to the boil.
3. When the water is on the boil, simmer the eggs for 10 minutes.
4. Take off the cooked hot eggs of the boiling water with a skimmer, put them in a deep bowl and pour cold water. Full the bowl with cold water and leaves eggs like this for 2 minutes.
5. Take the eggs off and dry with a paper towel.
How to boil hard-boiled eggs in a multicooker
1. Put 5 eggs in a multicooker bowl, pour water that should cover the eggs by 1 centimeter, boil eggs for 12 minutes in the "Steam boiling" mode.
2. Put the cooked, still hot eggs into a deep bowl and pour cold water.
You can boil hard-boiled eggs in a multicooker, to do this pour water into a multicooker bowl and place eggs into special container for steam boiling. Boil for 15 minutes in "Steam boiling" mode.
- You can add salt (it is unnecessary) to avoid cracking of the eggs.
- The cooked hot eggs are usually put in cold water, because of the temperature fall the eggshell is covered with mini cracks and it is easier to peel them.
- You can put the eggs into boiling water too. To prevent cracking, prick every egg with a needle (with its blunt end) or keep them for 5 minutes in a hot water (without heat).
- The egg boiled the right way has even consistency of white, and yolk is of even yellow colour. If you over boil an egg, the white will become too hard “like rubber”, the surface of the yolk will be a bit greenish, and the egg itself will lose fragrance and taste.
- the time of boiling depends on egg's size. Average egg (1 category), for which this recipe was prepared, weights around 55 grams. The time of boiling for the eggs of the 2d category should be cut by 1 minute, and if you boil selected (large) eggs - increase it by 1 minute.
- Caloric content of 1 hard-boiled egg - 80 cal./100 gram.