What is the boiling time for shrimps
Shrimps that have been already boiled and freezed (those are most frequently sold in supermarkets and are of pink color) should be boiled for 3 to 5 minutes.
Fresh, not precooked shrimps (of red color), for example, king shrimps should be boiled for no more than 10 minutes.
How to cook shrimps
How to cook prawns
1. Weigh frozen pre-cooked prawns with dimensions of 90x120: weighing 206 grams.
2. Put a pot with water on high heat.
Take 1.5 glass (400 milliliter) of water for our 206 grams of prawns.
3. Add some salt. Take one heaping teaspoon of salt for 206 grams of prawns.
4. Add some pepper: pour half a teaspoon of whole pepper.
5. Add lemon juice to give the prawns pleasant sour taste: one teaspoon is enough.
6. Add our 206 grams of prawns into boiling, salted, peppered and sour water.
7. Add a couple of bay leaves to give the prawns delicate smell.
8. Cover the pot with a lid, boil the prawns for 3 minutes after second boiling.
It is necessary to cover the pot with a lid so that the small amount of water does not boil over and prawn broth is suitable for cooking sauce.
9. Take the prawns out and weigh them.
Weight of the cooked prawns decreased on 41 grams.
10. Peel the prawns.
Weight of the cooked and peeled prawns is 47 grams.
If the prawns are to be served as a snack - put a large plate with cooked prawns in the center of the table and provide each meal party with a small dish for piling shells on them.
How to cook prawns in a microwave
1. Put frozen prawns into deep pot or plate.
2. Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper and 5 tablespoons of soy bean sauce, pour the prawns with this mixture and stir well.
3. Put into a microwave, cook at medium power for 10 minutes.
4. Your prawns cooked in the microwave are done!
How to cook prawns in a steamer
1. Salt and pepper the prawns, spray with lemon juice and put into the steamer bowl.
2. Put lemon slices on the top and steam for 15 minutes.
How to cook prawns in a multicooker
1. Put some prawns into a multicooker, add salt, pepper and spices and stir them.
2. Set the multicooker to "Baking" program and cook for 20 minutes.
3. There is no need to add water in the multicooker.
How to cook prawns in a pressure cooker
Put the prawns into the pressure cooker pot, add salt and pepper, pour with small amount of water and cook for 1 minute in "Seafood frying" mode.
- Prawns are very useful: prawns meat contains calcium and protein, furthermore boiled prawns are considered to be low in calories.
Calorific value of prawns meat is 95 kcal/100 grams.
Prawns, even being boiled, are still rich in cholesterol which is completely removed in natural way.
- As a rule there are nowadays frozen pre-cooked prawns in the stores, so there is no need to boil them for a long time.
Overcooked prawns loose their juicy taste and become rubber, that's why it's enough to boil frozen pre-cooked prawns for 3 minutes.
- Do not cook prawns in large amount of water - firstly, prawns themselves are cover with layer of ice and contain large amount of liquid, and secondly, the less water you add, the more juicy prawns be. The broth which was get after prawns boiling is an excellent base for sauce.
How to choose prawns
1. The most healthful prawns are medium-sized cold-water prawns.
2. Slant on the price tag and package means the amount of prawns per a kilogram:
for example, 70/90 means that one kilogram contains 70 to 90 raw prawns of such size.
Please note that prawns in one package should be of the same color and size.
3. You may buy peeled prawns only if you have no time.
You get 1 kilogram of peeled prawns from 3 kilograms of unpeeled ones, while price of peeled prawns hardly exceeds the price of unpeeled prawns at least in three times. :)
4. The prawns should have the following look:
a) with crooked bended tail (this applies to small and medium size prawns), b) with smooth stainless shell; c) prawn head may be pink, brown (by the way, such prawns more likely have very nutritious caviar) or greenish.
5. Please avoid: white spots on the shell, layer of ice and snow in the prawns (they were defrost, there is risk to buy low-quality product).
What amount of salt is needed for boiling prawns? You should take 1 tablespoon of salt for one kilogram of prawns.
Seasonings and sauces to prawns
The best prawns seasonings are soy bean and garlic sauce; paprika, basil, caraway, allspice, parsley, basil, and oregano.
Calorific value of boiled prawns
Calorific value of prawns is 70 kcal/100 grams.
While prawns themselves are regard as low-calorie food, they are usually salted and seasoned with sauces and spices, that increase the calorific value of prawn dish.
Shrimp salad ingredients
500g prawns, 3 cucumbers (fresh or salted), 3-4 tomatoes, 1 bunch of green onions, 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, salt to taste.
The preparation of shrimp salad
Boil shrimps, then clean them. Cut tomatoes into circles, chop cucumbers, crumble onions. Mix everything, add a little vinegar and oil, mix it with spices and sugar. Put shrimps in the middle of a plate, add vegetables around.
How to cook prawns in beer
Prawns - 500 grams
Light beer - 1 bottle
Bay leaf - 2 leaves
Garlic - 3 gloves
Lemon - 1 piece
Parsley - a few spurs
Black whole pepper - 10 peas
Salt - 1 tablespoon
How to cook prawns in beer
1. Open a bag of frozen prawns (do not defrost).
2. Pour beer into a pot and put it on medium heat.
3. Peel and chop garlic finely.
4. Rinse and dry parsley, chop it finely.
5. Squeeze lemon into beer.
6. After beer starts boiling, add prawns, salt and seasonings in it.
7. Cook prawns in beer for 5 minutes on medium heat without a lid, then turn heat off, close tightly with a lid and let it stay for more 10 minutes.
Serve prawns in beer with beer!