How long to boil mackerel?
How to cook tasty scomber
One may cook scomber in an oven bag - scomber cooked in this way tastes like baked scomber and its meat remains very delicate
Ingredients for cooking
Scomber - 1 fish weighing half a kilogram
Carrot - 1 pieces
Gelatine - 1 tablespoon
Salo (White pork fat) - 6 slices
Chicken eggs - 2 pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook scomber in a bag
1. Wash the scomber, cut off the head and tail, cut along the belly, gut, remove spine and bones and wash the fish again inside and outside. Peel and shred the carrot.
2. Rub the fish with salt and pepper, sprinkle with gelatine, stuff sliced salo in instead of the spine and put grated carrot inside the scomber. Boil chicken eggs, cut each egg in 4 pieces.
3. Stuff into the scomber.
4. Tighten the scomber with toothpicks or wrap up with thread, put into the oven bag and tightly tie up it's end.
5. Bring 1 liter of water to a boil, put the bag with scomber in water and cook for 30 minutes.
6. After that put the fish under pressure (for example, under a pot with water), let it cool and put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
7. Cut the cooked scomber across into pieces a la carte and serve them.
How to smoke scomber
Scomber - 1 piece
Onion peel - of 1 onions
Salt - 3 tablespoons
Black leafy tea - 2 tablespoons
Sugar - 2 tablespoons
Scomber smoking recipe
1. Defreeze scomber, gut and wash it thoroughly.
2. Rinse the onion peel under cold running water.
3. Add the onion peel in 1 liter of water in a pot and boil for 10 minutes.
4. Add tea, salt, sugar, stir and strain.
5. Pour this brain in a dish, put the scomber in it, let it cool and put under pressure in the refrigerator for 3 days.
6. Then let the fish dry, put oil on it and further keep it in the refrigerator.
7. Cut into pieces a la carte before serving.