How long to boil lamb
How to cook lamb meat
1. Defreeze lamb meat if neccesary.
2. Cut off excess fat from the meat as it gives peculiar odour.
3. Rinse lamb meat.
4. Pour water in an enamel pot, put on high heat and bring water to a boil.
5. Add the onion, bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Put the lamb meat in water - level of water should be 2 centimeters above lamb meat.
7. Scum appears om water surface while lamb meat boiling and it should be skimmed.
8. Skim off the scum occasionally (once in 5-7 minutes).
Delicious facts about lamb
1. As the lamb is being heated some foam forms on the surface, the foam needs to be removed. Remove the foam periodically (once every 5-7 minutes).
2. The best parts of lamb meat for cooking are the neck, the breast, the shoulder blade.
3. The most suitable drink that goes together with the lamb is wine.
A simple lamb pilaf recipe
3 cups of long-grain rice, 1 kilo of lamb, 2 heads of onions, 3-4 carrots, fennel and parsley - to taste, 2 grenades, half a cup of melted butter, 2 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
Lamb pilaf recipe
Peel and cut the onion and carrots into straws, chop the lamb into little pieces. Saute the onion for 5 minutes in the pot, then add meat and fry for another 10 minutes, then add the carrots - and cook for another 5 minutes. Pour the water, add pomegranate seeds or raisins, cover the pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes over low heat. Add the pre-washed in salted water rice from the top, do not stir it. Add water so that it covers the rice by 1.5-2 cm. Close the lid, simmer for 20-25 minutes.