How long to boil beef?
0.5-1 kilogram of fresh beef is to be boiled for an hour-an hour and a half.
Frozen beef should be boiled for no less than an hour and a half.
Cook beef 1 hour in a steamer and 1 hour in a multicooker set to "Stew" program.
How to cook beef
How to prepare beef for cooking
1. Take a kilogram or half a kilogram piece of beef, if it was frozen, defreeze it before boiling in water at room temperature, previously putting it into a plastic bag or on the refrigerator shelf. For quick defrost (about 2 hours) use the method of defrosting in water.
2. After beef is fully defrost, wash it and put into the cooking pot.
3. Pour beef with cold water: if beef is used for soup broth, take such quantity of water that will be enough for soup; if you boil beef for its using in salad, water should be a couple of centimeters above meat.
How to cook beef in a pot
1. Put the pan with beef on high heat, when water starts to evaporate, reduce heat to the lowest, water should be rarely bubbling.
2. When foam is appearing on water surface, reduce heat and skim ioff using a tablespoon. It is important not to miss the moment of foam appearing, as it tends to boil over and spill out on the stove or cooking top in large quantities. If you do not skim, there is a risk of getting cloudy broth.
3. Add salt, you should take 1 tablespoon of salt for half a kilogram of beef and 3 liters of water. While boiling, water will be boil away and salty taste will become more concentrated.
4. Put a lid on the pot, boil beef for 1 hour.
5. Check if beef is done - a fork has to puncture meat. Cooked beef must be tender. If meat is not tender, you should boil it for another half an hour.
Put beef out of broth, let it cool for a while, cut and use as intended.
Strain remaining broth to remove any tiny bones and foam rests.
How to cook beef in a multicooker
1. Pour beef with water, set to "Boiling" program and wait till water boils.
2. After this skim, salt water and cover the multicooker with a lid.
3. Boil beef for one hour, test if it is done and if not, cook for another half an hour.
How to cook steamed beef
1. Cut beef into pieces a la carte with 1 centimeter side and salt them.
2. Put the pieces into steamer or multicooker basket in a single row.
3. Turn the steamer or multicooker on (use "Steaming" program for the multicooker), cook for one hour.
4. Turn meat over and cook for another half an hour.
How to cook beef in a pressure cooker
1. Put beef in the pressure cooker bowl and pour with water.
2. Put the pressure cooker on heat and bring to boil.
3. Skim broth off and add some salt.
4. Cover the pressure cooker with a lid and cook for 50 minutes.
Cut the beef into thin slices, slightly repel it. Fry the both sides of beef in olive oil for 5-7 minutes.
As an option - beef in the batter. Batter is prepared very easily: drain the protein from the two fresh eggs, mix protein with 2 tablespoons of flour until the consistency of the sauce, add salt and roll the beef in tempura. Roast beef for 5-7 minutes on both sides over medium heat.
Serve the roast beef on lettuce with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and soy sauce.
Factelicious about beef
- During first 10-15 minutes of boiling, white foam is formed in the pot that must be taken out (the purer the broth, the better).
- Ready-cooked beef is soft, not "rubber", it should be easily punctured with a knife.
- Beef boiling time is mainly depends on freshness and the age of meat: so, young meat cooks in 30-40 minutes, while old (or frozen) one in an hour or an hour and a half.
- You may marinade beef in mustard overnight (take 3 tablespoons of mustard for half a kilogram of beef), meat will cook quicker - for one hour surely - and will be softer.
- Calorific value of boiled beef is 250 kcal/100 gram.
- Boiled beef as healthier than the roasted one, as there are more nutrients in boiled beef.
How to defroze beef
To defroze beef you may:
1. Put a bag with meat into warm (not hot, otherwise the meat can spoil) water.
2. Put in a microwave, if it has quite cooking program or defrosting program itself.
3. Defroze meat by taking out of freezer and putting into the refrigerator. One kilogram of beef defrozes for about a day.
4. Defrost at room temperature - it takes about 3-4 hours to defroze half a kilogram of beef.
How to cook tasty beef
Beef - Half a kilogram
Potatoes - Half a kilogram
Onion - 1 big
Tomato sauce - 1 small jar (70-100 gram)
Water – 1.5 liters Bay leaf - 2
Vegetable oil (preferably olive oil) - 2 tablespoons
Butter - 30 grams
Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook tasty beef
1. Defrost beef it neccesary.
2. Cut beef in 1.5 centimeters cubes.
3. Peel onion off and chop it finely; peel potatoes and cut in 2 centimeters cubes.
4. Preheat a pot, pour vegetable oil and put a piece of butter.
5. When butter melts at the bottom of the pot (you should stir it constantly), add chopped onion.
6. Roast onion at medium heat for 5 minutes. Do not put the lid on.
7. Put the meat and roast it, constantly stirring, for 7 minutes.
8. Add potatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, stir and add bay leaf.
9. Add some water to beef with potatoes, cover with a lid and stew at low heat for 40 minutes.