How long to boil chicken hearts.
Simmer chicken hearts in salted water for 1 hour.
How to cook chicken hearts
Chicken hearts - 600 grams
Onion - 1 head
Bay leaf - 3 leaves
Salt - half a teaspoon
How to prepare chicken heart for cooking
1. Remove blood concentrations out of the chicken hearts' chambers by slightly squeezing each heart.
2. Remove films, vessels and fat.
3. Rinse the hearts under cool running water, wring them out with hands, cut each heart in halves, if necessary.
How to cook in a pot
1. Pour 2-2.5 liters of water in a pot, put on medium heat and wait till water boils.
2. Add the chicken hearts, bring to a repeat boil and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Drain water from the pot, pour with fresh cool water so that it covers the hearts and bring to a boil again.
4. Skim off the formed scum.
5. Add salt, black pepper, one whole peeled onion, bay leaves and cook for 20 minutes.
How to cook in a multicooker
1. Put cleaned and washed hearts in the multicooker bowl, pour 1.5-2 liters of cool water, add half a teaspoon of salt and cover with a lid.
2. Set to "Stewing" program for 30 minutes.
How to cook in a steamer
1. Put cleaned and washed chicken hearts on the first layer of the steamer sprinkle half a teaspoon of salt on them and cover with a lid.
2. Pour water in the steamer and turn on for 40 minutes.
- Calorific value of boiled chicken hearts is 145 kcal/100 grams.
- To clean the chicken hearts properly you should trim off the fat, vessels, cut each heart in halves and thoroughly wash them out to remove blood.
- Fat, vessels and blood are edible but ready meals takes its fatty flavor and calorific value from them.
- Weight of 1 cleaned heart is about 20 grams.
- The broth is getting rather rich during boiling, rich enough to cook soup.
- If the storage conditions were violated or the by-products are of poor quality, the hearts may become tough after boiling.
- Cook them in cream or milk to make them softer. Add salt at the end of cooking.
Stewed chicken hearts recipe
Defrost chicken hearts, rinse them and dry. Cut each heart in half, put in the frying pan, simmer over low heat in water for 20 minutes. Peel and chop onion, add onion to the hearts, clean and rub carrots on a coarse grater, add carrots to the chicken hearts. Mix 3 tablespoons of sour cream and 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce, add it to the chicken heart. Simmer for another 5 minutes.