How long to boil pork stomach
Cook pork stomach for 1.5 hours. Stuffed pork stomach should be boiled for 2 hours.
How to boil pork stomach
1. Clean and brush pork stomach, cutting thin layer of fat.
2. Bring water to the boil.
3. Turn it inside out, put into boiling water for a few seconds.
4. Take off the inside thin layer: hook with fingers on the side and pull it off across stomach's surface.
5. Bring water to the boil, add salt, put the stomachs.
6. Then boil on average fire, skimming of the foam.
7. Simmer the stomach for 1.5 hour under lid.
8. Pour out the water then pour cold water on the byproducts.
Now pork stomachs are boiled, you can use them in a salad or fry for a hot dish.
How to boil stomach
Before boiling you should rub stomachs with salt and leave for 12-14 hours. Then rinse them with water and boil stomachs for 1 hour.
If it has a strong smell, you can marinate it in water with 2 tablespoons of 9% vinegar and 1 bay leaf, or in pickle from cucumbers or tomatoes. After 4-6 hours, there will be no smell.
During boiling pork, stomach becomes 3-5 times smaller.
Pork stomach is ideal for cooking of saltison, since it is of average size, hard and elastic. Moreover, pork stomach has original taste that will add to saltison.
Pork stomach is one the cheapest byproducts and you rarely find in supermarkets. You can find pork stomach on market or ask in butcher shops. Pay attention to the size of a pork stomach. It can influence the amount of stuffing if stomach will be used as an envelope. Also, check the integrity of a stomach: if the stomach is ragged, you will put many efforts to repair it.