How long to boil pork collar
Simmer for 1-1.5 hours after the water is on the boil. The piece that weights 05.-0.7 kilograms should be boiled for 1 hour, the piece bigger than 1 kilogram shall be boiled for 1.5 hours.
How to boil pork collar
1. Thaw, wash and put a pork collar into a pan.
2. Pour water so it completely covers pork collar.
3. Put the pan on fire, bring on the boil and simmer for 50 minutes.
4. Add salt, boil for another 10 minutes.
Use boiled pork collar in salads and sandwiches, having cut fibers across.
Salad with boiled pork collar
Pork collar - 300 grams
Salted cucumbers - 8 of average size
Chicken eggs - 4
Garlic - 3 cloves
Mayonnaise - 2 tablespoons
Green pea - 4 tablespoons
How to cook salad with boiled pork collar
1. Start boiling pork, boil for an hour, and then add salt and pepper.
2. While meat is boiling, boil eggs, cool and grate on larger holes.
3. Grate cucumber on larger holes, add grinded garlic.
4. Cool pork a little bit and cut across the fibers into blocks with 1.5-2 cm sides.
5. Put meat on the bottom of salad bowl, mix with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
6. Then put salted cucumbers, put a layer of mayonnaise above.
7. Put eggs and again add mayonnaise, decorate with green peas.
- Pork collar is usually used for baking in oven after marination. Boiling of pork collar is less widespread because meat becomes a bit tough. However, if you need low-calorie meat or broth, boiled pork collar is what you need. It is easy to make a dish out of boiled pork collar by serving it in a salad or in sandwiches with salad leaves. In addition, it is possible to make cold baked pork out of pork collar.
- You should salt pork collar at the end of boiling to make it softer after the boiling.
- Shelf life of pork collar in broth is 2-3 days in a fridge.